We even use a moisture meter to determine if there is moisture present behind the walls.
We also offer radon testing and should you choose to add on this option, we are proud to use the intelligently designed, patented, electronically detecting Sun Nuclear 1028 Continuous Radon Monitor, which is US EPA verified, NEHA-NRPP listed and evaluated and approved by NRSB for use in real estate transaction testing.
The typical duration of an inspection is between two and four hours, depending on the size and age of the home in addition to the inspection options chosen.
We encourage you, our client, to be present for the inspection. At the end we like to highlight the findings in the report to you. A link to your complete PDF inspection report will be sent right to your email inbox by the next day. You are encouraged to save it to your desktop. A printed report, rather than a digital one, can also be requested. Please check our Home page to see a sample of our reports. A deposit is required at the time of booking your appointment to hold your appointment day/time. Your payment balance is due at the time of inspection. We accept checks, cash, debit cards, and credit cards at the time of service.
The following are the basic categories of our home inspections (please read over our pre-inspection agreement so you are informed of our limitations to the scope of the inspection; you can call and request this agreement ahead of time):
- Roof - Roof covering, gutters, flashing, skylights and chimneys are examined.
- Exterior- Flashing, trim, windows, siding, exterior doors, and decks/porches will be inspected. Grading, driveways, walkways and steps will also be looked at.
- Basement, Foundation, Crawlspace & Structure - Foundation and framing will be examined, as will cracks, settling and water penetration when visible.
- Heating and Cooling - The heating and air conditioning and their distribution systems will be checked for proper functioning. Both are inspected for signs of wear and damage. Fireplaces are visually inspected.
- Plumbing - Pipes are tested for adequate pressure and drainage. Fixtures, faucets, showers, tubs, water heaters, vent systems, drainage sumps and sump pumps are examined.
- Electrical - Service drop and equipment, conductors, grounding, service panel, over-current protection devices, light switches, lighting fixtures, receptacles and smoke detectors will be checked for proper installation and function. GFCI and AFCI circuits will be tested for proper wiring and safety.
- Attic, Insulation & Ventilation - The attic and other accessible areas, such as crawl space, will be examined for insulation and ventilation. Vents from fuel-burning appliances and chimney flues will be visually inspected.
- Doors, Windows & Interior - Walls, ceilings, floors, stairways, doors, and windows are included in the inspection. Appliances are tested for current functioning.
- Garage - Garage door, automatic door openers and firewall adequacy are examined.
Copyright 2013. Home Inspection of the Rockies. All rights reserved